By the time most of you will read this, Ryan and I will have completed the first session of our Jump Ship! beta. We’re working with two fantastic women in tech who see an opportunity to take their passion for accessibility and apply it in a different way in the market. Both were recently laid off which has only accelerated their drive to validate their business idea(s), prototype it, make changes where necessary, and go to work for themselves.
I’m excited for tomorrow morning’s session and I can’t wait to see what our first team, Stacey and Rachel, have put together. We gave them an assignment in the form of creating a pre-flection deck to introduce their initial thinking and get everyone aligned.
We gave them the following questions to kick things off:
- Who are you, where are you from, and what is your background?
- What is the problem or opportunity you are targeting? What evidence supports your hypothesis?
- Who is the audience for your solution? Why are they your audience?
- What is your solution to the problem or opportunity?
- How will you deliver this solution to your audience?
- What revenue will you generate and how?
From there we’ll use this data to start poking holes in assumptions and answering lingering questions through a series of activities that will eventually lead this team towards a business their can test and validate cheaply.
We will be reflecting on these sessions regularly here on our website so you can follow along. Now is the perfect time to subscribe to our site so you won’t miss any updates on our progress. And, if you know someone who is the tiniest bit curious about starting their own studio, agency, shop—whatever you want to call it—be sure to tell them about Jump Ship to to subscribe.